By Alison Blanchett on 21st April 2015
Do you want the power to make your business as plain sailing as possible? Well you can it is up to you to make it happen.
1. Accounting software – get software that works for you not against you. It needs to be easy to use, accessible anywhere there is internet and your accountant needs to have access to it, so they can advise you based upon up to date information rather than historic data.
2. Cashflow – know your cashflow regularly. Cashflow is what can make or break a business – it’s not profit.
3. Become internet savvy – use apps on your mobile devices, know where the free wi-fi spots are so you can access your data on the road. If you can invoice someone once the job is completed while you are still at the job then the faster you will be paid.
4. Communication – this is a key for any business. Communicate your business ideas with staff they may be able to add to your vision. Communicate regularly with your customers, letting them know what offers you have, or just shoot the breeze with them. Communicate with your accountant believe it or not we can’t read your mind. Social media is here to stay, so use it, that is where your future customers will come from.
5. Know your strengths and weaknesses – focus on what you are good at and outsource what you are not good at. You don’t have to do everything in your business. Procrastination happens when you are faced with tasks that you don’t like doing – you just won’t do them. Hire or contract people to do those jobs for you, you will be more efficient and happier for it.